The Australian Securities and Investment Commission prescribes that a wholesale investor;
– Is required to invest $500,000 or more with us; OR
– Must provide a qualified accountant’s certificate that you satisfy one of the following:
– You have net assets of at least $2.5 million.
– You have a gross income for each of the last 2 financial years of at least $250,000.
What is the investment
Unlike a Mortgage fund which pools groups of investors together, Windsor Capital Management provides wholesale investors the opportunity to directly invest in a Mortgage over a property. There are two types of mortgage investment opportunities;
A first mortgage is the primary lien on the property that secures the mortgage and has priority over all claims on property in the event of default. This provides the investor with the most secure type of the investment opportunities.
First mortgages are typically set at lower Loan to Value Ratios (LVR) against the secured property. The level of LVR for each mortgage will be determined by the type of property security and the risk assessment of the loan. Generally, the LVR will not exceed 65%. Due to the lower risk generally associated with these type of investments, the investors interest return is usually between 8% – 12% p.a.
A second mortgage is a subordinate mortgage to the first mortgage. When the mortgage is repaid or in the event of a default, the second mortgage is only paid after the first mortgage is repaid in full.
Second Mortgages are set at a higher LVR against the secured property. Generally, the LVR will not exceed 75%. Due to the higher risk associated with these type of investments, the investors interest return is usually between 18% – 22% p.a.
Benefits of Investing
- Investment is secured by a registered first or second mortgage
- Each mortgage opportunity is stringently analysed by the Windsor Capital Management investment committee to ensure it meets our strict criteria prior to presenting to investors.
- As an investor, your contribution is not pooled and specific investment mortgage securities are held in the name of the investor.
- The investor has choice of which mortgage they invest in.
- Windsor Capital Management manages the mortgage on behalf of the investors throughout the term of the investment.
- Windsor Capital Management engages reputable consultants and legal representatives to ensure the highest standards are achieved.
- Income is fixed for the term of the investment at a fixed interest rate, early.